So, almost a week ago from today I was nominated for the Leibster Award by The Frogly Prince! I was very (pleasantly) surprised because, well, I don’t particularly consider posts of the ‘everyday-mundane-life’ sort to be anything special or much less interesting in comparison to other posts which can be found in the greater blog sphere. Nevertheless, I appreciate it very much Not surprisingly, with the award there must also be some writing involved. Besides linking the person who awarded me, I must: 1.) State 11 random facts about myself 2.) Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks 3.) Ask 11 questions of your own and 4.) Nominate 11 new people for the award (I must admit, I might have to cheat on this one because I don’t have 11 people that I constantly follow).
I know a lot of people do not feel obligated to respond to such kinds of awards or posts but since this isn’t the first time that I have been nominated and since this will be the first time I have actually responded in kind (not because I didn’t want to but because I didn’t have time!) and since I haven’t posted anything ‘random’ in a very long time, I thought to heck with it! Why not? So here goes:
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love the smell of cleaning products – dish washing liquid, laundry detergents, toilet cleaners, floor cleaners. I love it!
- I can easily fall asleep after drinking a cup or two of coffee/tea.
- I love playing all types of shooting games – especially the Zombie ones. House of the Dead 4 is my favorite (you get shot guns)!
- I have 7 tattoos.
- I have had a total of 6 facial piercings – mostly at different times.
- I can easily sit on the couch watching TV all day without doing anything else for at least 3 days in a row.
- Back in the day I was a Junior Girl Scout Leader.
- I recently found out that I am actually only just 5 ft. tall when all my life I have been told I was 5 ft. 2 in. Sad times
- I am one of those people who
obsessivelyconstantly check their phones – even when it hasn’t beeped, blinked or vibrated.
- Due to an overactive imagination, when I sleep on my own I must always leave the TV or a lamp on.
- I am scared to swim alone in a pool because I fear I will be ripped to shreds by a super ginormous shark (which will attack me from behind or from the side and then proceed to savagely tear me apart).
My Questions to Answer:
- What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
I think it would have to be As Told By Ginger or Hey Arnold!
- What is your favorite quote?
This is a toughie because there are lots of good quotes that I like out there but here are two that I like a lot:
“Nothing good ever comes if you’re not willing to give it a chance”
“There are some things that are nothing more than what they are; they’re not meant to last. They just take a place in your heart and make you a little smarter the next time”
- What do you think is the most annoying life motto? (Yolo!)
Keep Calm And Carry On (does that count?)
- What’s the most interesting or unusual food or meal you’ve ever eaten?
I’d have to say Fried Bugs/Insects. In Asia (for example, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam) there are vendors on the side of the road that sell fried bugs (spiders, crickets, worms – you name it they will probably be frying it and selling it somewhere). People freak out every time I tell them about it but it’s actually quite a delicacy and well, I’ve tried worms and crickets and really they’re not all that bad. Tastes like chicken
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
I’m pretty bad at answering this question because I can’t think of anything. BUT every time I get asked this question this is the first moment that pops into my head – even if it happened when I was a wee toddler… I was about 8-9 years old. My ultimate-super-favorite uncle was visiting us in Bali and every time he’d come around I’d cling to him like glue. One day we went to the mall and I waited in the cashier line with my uncle. As I was really short and he was really tall (with like super long legs in the eyes of little ol’ me) and I assumed that he was standing behind me the whole time, I didn’t think twice or look up when I turned around and decided to give him a hug by grabbing onto his one leg and clinging to it. Little did I know that I was clinging on to some random man’s leg as my uncle had moved to the other side of the cashier without pulling me along. I stood clinging to this man’s leg for like a minute or so when he put his hand on my head and I looked up and realized IT WASN’T MY UNCLE! I was so shocked/startled/embarrassed that I started to cry right away. Haha I can still remember it to this day I was so embarrassed!
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
I don’t not believe in it but I don’t believe in it? I’d like to believe it in – I am a crazy hopeless romantic
- What is your definition of insanity?
Honestly, never really thought about it. Whenever I use the word ‘insane’ I usually use it in a way that shows what I’m hearing/seeing/reading is unfathomable. That it goes beyond what I think is ‘normal’ and that it is totally crazy. Probably a bad definition. Haha
- If you could use 6 words to describe your life, what would they be?
Travel, Multicultural, Conflicting, Experienced, Privileged, Happy
- Do you have any superstitions?
Yes. The usual few really. And a few cultural additions (being Asian we have very many different superstitions. I keep being told of new ones every time I go home to Bali).
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Hmm… A toughie! So many choices… I think I would learn to dance a traditional Balinese dance.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
My wonderfully purple iPod nano … to be honest though if it’s the first first thing it was probably FOOD!
Nominees, here are your questions:
- What do you (or others) consider to be your most ‘ridiculous’ fear?
- If you won the lottery tomorrow and were set for the rest of your life, what would you then do?
- If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where is the one place in the world you’d choose?
- What is one item on your bucket list? Or if you don’t have a bucket list what item would you put on it?
- What is a song that you hate to admit you love?
- What’s the best concert/show you have ever been to?
- How do you define love?
- If you could speak a second (or third or fourth) language, what would it be?
- If you were given $100 to eat the worst thing you can think of or have heard/read of, what would it be?
- Do you remember the first CD or Cassette Tape you bought?
- What’s the best thing that has happened in your life so far?
And My Nominees Are…:
- http://thefroglyprince.wordpress.com/ (I don’t know if I’m allowed to do this but I really like his blog so I think you all should check it out)!
This is the part where I cheat because I don’t have anymore blogs to nominate; unless I choose to nominate a blog which I have recently read and found interesting… But I feel like that’d be cheating even more. So I think I will leave my list of nominees as that!
Well, that was a lot more fun than whinging on about the miserable going-on’s of my every day life. For anyone reading this and who feels tempted to pass the Leibster Award on to others, please do. I can say that it definitely makes a blogger feel appreciated!